Just what the yogi ordered: A variety of meditations to balance that holiday cheer
Holidays! This time of year can feel restless. The noticeable shift in so many people’s energy and attention affects even those who aren’t particularly holiday-oriented. Parties, sales, shopping, planning, cooking—all these activities, in abundance and all at once, pull us outside ourselves. Yoga reminds us to also listen to and take care of ourselves.
Below are several practices to slow down, find your center, and restore your vital energies. From short practices for anxiety to a loving-kindness meditation to connect with your heart, there is a practice here for most everyone.
- A yoga nidra for deep unwinding and letting go, from Marc Nelles, C-IAYT (38 min).
- From Karen Nourizadeh, C-IAYT, a loving-kindness meditation for relaxation and supporting your own compassion (7 min).
- This guided meditation is done in viparita karani (legs up the wall) posture with Megan MacCarthy, C-IAYT (17 min).
- Caren Baginski, C-IAYT, offers a deep peace meditation (10 min).
- And finally, Nancy O’Brien, C-IAYT, guides a meditation to calm anxiety (7 min).
Find a yoga therapist here to guide you through practices like these many more.